Durability, steadiness and compressibility
Inspired by the lifesaving roll cages used in racing cars, the construction of The Savage centers around the unique and patented Db Roll Cage which will protect your bike in an exceptional way. Combining high durability, steadiness and compressibility. The Savage will redefine traveling with bikes.
It all started with a ski bag in 2012, since then Db has continued to push boundaries within the travel gear segment. The mission is to redefine travel gear and make it easier for every traveler to fulfill their dreams. By combining extraordinarily high standards, countless design and testing hours along with their iconic smart solutions Db has created a bike travel bag unlike any other.
Working side by side with some of the most experienced people within the bike scene Db came up with The Savage. A revolutionary bike bag that is inspired by the lifesaving roll cages used in racing cars, the construction of The Savage centers around the unique and patented Db Roll Cage. An internal frame work protects the bike while simultaneously creating stability and structure for the bag. Downhill, MTB and Freestyle bikes are all welcome in this new “one bag rule them all” product from Db.
Db Roll Cage: The patented Db Roll Cage offers superior protection against impact and pressure loads compared to a conventional soft bag. Because of the aluminum frame, The Savage performs like a hybrid between a soft bag and a hard case bag with a very good protection-to-weight ratio.
Packability: The Savage entails the same advantages as a soft bag, meaning that it weighs much less than a hard case bag and can also be collapsed and rolled up for easy storage, where it can be compressed to 35% of its full size. The assembling and disassembling of the frame is quick and easy and requires no tools.
Size: One bag fits all. The Savage is designed to fit any type of mountain bike from Freestyle bikes to Downhill- and plus size bikes. With the included Road Bike Handlebar Adaptor the bag will also handle any type of road bike with a curved, detachable handlebar. The generous length of the bag allow bikes with long wheel bases, up to 130cm to fit inside the bag. One bag to rule them all.
Preparing the bike on the side of the bag: Preparing the bike is easy as you can do this on the side of the bag. Attach the bike to the bike block and the fork protector before you install the bike to the bottom track in the bag.
Handlebar protection: The Savage offers enhanced protection of the handlebar gear- and brake shifters. One end of the handlebar is protected by a padded pocket on the fork protector and the other end of the handlebar is protected by Db’s unique handle bar protector.
Secure fastening of the bike: The self-standing structure of the patented Db Roll Cage allows for a very efficient attachment of the bike to the bag. The bike is mounted inside the cage in a centered, upright position and secured with straps. To keep the bike steady during transportation, all the bike straps features buckles with locking levers, which prevent the straps from slipping and the bike from shifting position.
- Transforms from 340L to 120L
- Measurement when packed down: 146cm x 30cm x 38cm.
- Weight: 11,8 kg
- Patented Db Roll Cage.
- Integrated wheel compartments (designed for wheels from 26″ to 29″) with rigid PE-plastic boards and ABS rods to protect brake discs and spokes.
- Secure fastening with locking levers.
- Fork protector is compatible with Db’s Road Bike Adaptor for transportation of a road bike.
- Internal stash pocket for pedals and tools.
- Detachable fork protector with padded compartments for suspension fork and handlebars.
- All wear and points and high-stress areas is well reinforced with webbing and Hypalon fabric to ensure quality and durability over time.
- Wheel housing and plastic feet under the bag are mounted with screws instead of rivets, for ease of replacement.
- The Savage is prepared for Db’s hook-up system which makes it possible to dock other Db luggage and packs to the bag.
- Pre-order now, and Db will ship your bag Monday May 28th. The Road Bike Adaptor is included for free on all pre-orders.